Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ovelia


 I've eaten here many times for brunch, and its always very good.  The service in particular is excellent, they are attentive but they do not rush you.  The last time I was here with friends, they let us sit for an extended time after eating and did not try and rush us out at all.  The food is exciting and fresh.


I often have the Greek yogurt stuffed French toast, which is a great play on the more popular cream cheese stuffed French toast.  Excellent variation, great flavors, although I think I would like to try it with some jam inside also.  Its well prepared and not runny, as I might imagine stuffing bread with yogurt would be.  The sausage is interested, I'm pretty sure its lamb which I enjoy.  It's different than most breakfast sausages and the addition of what I believe are Greek spices.


One dish I think is really good and quite interesting is the feta bread sandwich with bacon and apples.  Fantastic mix of salty, sweat, savory and umami with the rich bread.  Great mix of flavors here, really fun breakfast!  The coffee is good and strong, although I would much rather fresh milk then the little milk packets.  The mugs are quite nice.


 We asked for well done hash fries and these delicious potatoes arrived, perfectly crispy with just the right amount of seasoning, great side dish.  The mimosas are strong, and the prices are decent.  Highly recommended, my favorite place for brunch in Astoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment