Friday, July 15, 2011

BareBurger


Interesting night.  Excellent burgers.  Other things can be improved but overall very cool, fun place with good food.  To start we ordered the fries which were not as crispy as they should have been.  They are not double fried, which is easy to do, but they are still good and well seasoned.  I enjoyed 2 of the 3 sauces, decent, but nothing memorable.

Onto the burgers, I had the MAUI WOWIE BURGER... AMAZING!  But let me clarify, the burger itself was well cooked and thick as a burger should be, but on the lean side.  That is not a bad thing, certainly when I cook burgers at home I'm looking for a lean piece of meat to ground, (90%/10% ground chuck is my usual mix) but when I go out on a Friday night and order a burger I expect it to be juicy.  This was not.  It's surprising to see such a lean burger as the only Beef variety as they also offer the much leaner Ostrich.  That said, the toppings, buns and sauce really took this burger to the next level.  I've never had smoked mozzarella on a burger and it might become my favorite topping ever!  The smokiness was just perfect, and way more intense than the usual smokiness you get from a bacon burger.  This burger left a smoky, umami aftertaste, just awesome.  The only thing that was a miss for me was the canned pineapple, I would have much preferred grilled fresh pineapple.  The other burger at the table was BIG BLUE BACON BURGER which was also very good, thoroughly enjoyed by the table.  

After a 2nd visit I have to recommend the Lamb burger!  Rich and gamey, but not that funky, although clearly lamb.  Loved this burger! I thought it would be dry but it was actually much more juicy than the beef burger, and with much more flavor.  We also tried an additional sauce this visit, the pesto mayo, and again it was a disappointment.  I was also confused as i expected it to be some shade of green, and it was instead light pink... Perhaps they gave me the wrong sauce?  Decent but not memorable and one note kinda sauce.

Overall fun place with good to excellent food.  Good prices for the area, the pitchers of beer are super affordable.  The service is decent, they certainly do not rush you, they let you sit and drink which is nice.  However our waitress ignored me twice... The first time I thought maybe she did not see me, but twice?  Really?  Oh well, it reflected in her tip... And it is not a reflection on the rest of the staff, the busboy, runner, and hostess were all very nice, as was the waitress until she ignored me.  I really enjoyed the vibe, music, decorations, and of course the food.  Good value also.  Great location and highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment